Monday, October 28, 2013

Fresh off the RUNWAY: Philippine Fashion Week Spring|Summer 2014 Featuring Ben Farrales: A Retrospective


Having fun with this wonderful event last night at Philippine Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 happen in SMX Convention center at Mall of Asia. And so lucky to be here even though I am in the last day of the week.

I attend the works of famous filipino designer Ben Farrales: A Retrospective. "Mang Ben" is known for his designs of Traditional Filipino dresses like in the Muslims Attire in a Batik Designs really a significant design influences by the arab, malaysian, and chinese.

I invite also my sister to come with me  in this event and I'm glad that she was "on-the-go" and also wants to witness this spectacular event here in the Philippines.


We were too early to go to this event and as the early counts, the crowd being huge, at the lounge of the function hall, many guests are on the line already so we follow it and in the line, we met people from different place here in the city, matching with their great outfits, but, I wasn't really focusing on the garments, I was focus on the shoes, their walks because I'm a shoe enthusiast!(Really I am!)



Everyone is waiting in opening the function hall.

When the guests are in... Everything in the hall are on red, because of the light.



The Runway is set.


And for the Opening remarks, a guy stood up introduce Mang Ben's legacy as a dean of the Philippine Fashion.


And let the walk begins.










Too far isn't it? Sorry but I am place at 3rd row of the back of the right side of the runway. As you can see I shot all the photo sideways, I am also near where the models out and in the runway.

The Metal Collection 1970's









The Philippine Traditional Dress



















And lastly the Meztiza Dress







The Show ends when Mang Ben stood up together with the models and gave some remarkable closing message to all who witness the show.















That's a wrapped a ever fulfilling event and memories from me share this to you...
Hope next year i'll be able to witness again this show-stopper fashion week in the country.

From Philippines with love. To God be the Glory.


For more info about PhFW SS14 just log on to http://philippinefashionweeklive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment